Home-Base: Creating a Hope and Future for Orphaned and Vulnerable Youth
• To create a home-base for orphaned and vulnerable youth, equipping them as they embark on their studies and begin the next season of their lives.
• To provide as many scholars as possible with career guidance and information so that they can make wise choices.
We at Home-Base are all about helping young people, specifically those who have been orphaned or come from vulnerable backgrounds, become all that they can be. Our focus is on:
• Providing these young people with career guidance, to help them make wise choices;
• Working with educational institutions and child-care organizations to connect each young person with the best study options for them;
• Providing a home for these young people while they are studying; a safe place where they can grow into their full potential.
There are many ways in which individuals or organisations can partner with us in order to give these students hope. Below are some suggestions:
1. Sign up to mentor a student in your field.
2. Invite us to come film you doing what you do.
3. Connect us with schools in your area or that you know of where we can serve in the area of career guidance and assessments of the scholars.
4. Connect us with individuals and organisations who would be interested to partner with us.
5. Allow organised visits to your organisation or open the way for internships.
1. Recommend institutions and specific qualifications.
2. Connect us with your contacts in institutions.
3. Contribute to our scholarship fund either by sponsoring a specific child or making a contribution towards any student.
4. Create a bursary from your organisation for a student studying in your field.
1. Contribute expertise and finances towards our residential facilities.
2. Sponsor a child monthly or through a once-off donation, specifying whether it is for studies, extra-murals, living expenses, books, clothes or other.
3. Donate household goods, clothing and other practical items.
4. Give special contributions to allow us to take the students on outings, give Christmas gifts etc.
If you would like further details on any of these options, then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY TO HOME-BASE:
His Havens operates entirely on donations. Our commitment to you is integrity and trustworthiness and an “open books” policy in all financial matters.
Bank Account Details:
Account name: Home-Base
Branch: Rosebank Mall
Branch code: 197705
Account no.: 1045380237
Reference: Please specify ‘Family’ or ‘Project’ support.
Please notify us of your name and address and the date and amount of your gift and we will be happy to provide a Tax Certificate for SARS filing. Send your info to email@example.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
TELEPHONE: +27 84 567 1843 or 011 793 1997